As we prepare for Hurricane Season and upcoming storm, if you sustain damage, please make note of the following:
- Take plenty of photographs and video, if possible,
- Make sure you’re safe and are taking necessary steps to prevent further damage; (board up their property, have a tarp placed on their roof, etc.),
- Call an emergency mitigation/restoration company (CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR VENDOR LIST) to assist with clean-up and emergency repairs,
- DO NOT MAKE PERMANENT REPAIRS OR DISPOSE OF EQUIPMENT THAT’S BEEN REPLACED UNTIL AN ADJUSTER HAS INSPECTED THE PROPERTY/EQUIPMENT AND AN AGREEMENT HAS BEEN REACHED IN TERMS OF SCOPE AND PRICING,
- Begin gathering substantiation (paid emergency clean-up and temporary repair invoices; repair/replacement estimates for damaged property and all other loss-related expenses) and have them readily available for submission to the carrier.
Note, we have a dedicated Claims Team that will take your first report and file it with your insurer. Coverage determination will be made once a site inspection has been conducted and the assigned Adjuster has reviewed his/her findings as well as your policy language.
Should you wish to file your claim directly, CLICK HERE for a list of insurance carriers and their contact information.
Above all stay safe and up to date with the storm status for your area.